Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) are at least fifty-one percent owned and operated by minority individuals, women, and/or disabled individuals. Also included among HUBs are disabled business enterprises and nonprofit work centers for the blind and severely disabled.
Are you part of a HUB interested in working in northwestern North Carolina? Appalachian State University is located in beautiful Boone, NC—a reasonable commute from Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and Asheville. Check out Opportunities at Appalachian State University.
Looking for more information? View these training and outreach videos from the North Carolina Office for Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB).
Guidelines, Compliance & Forms
Minority Business Participation Forms
The Minority Business Participation Forms include:
- HUB Guidelines
- Identification of Minority Participation form
- Affidavit A - Listing of Good Faith Efforts
- Affidavit B - Self-Performing Work
- Affidavit C - Met the 10% HUB Participation Goal
- Affidavit D - Did Not Meet the 10% HUB Participation Goal
- Appendix E - MBE Documentation for Contract Payments